RICHMOND, British Columbia, September 20, 2019 – The integration of the IPAK TF200 and BEL 270 increases automation levels for food-packaging operation. See it in action in booth C-2824 at PACK EXPO 2019, Sept. 23-25 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Part of the ProMach family of product brands, Wexxar Bel’s IPAK TF200 Fully Automatic Tray Former provides tray-forming solutions for baking and food processing industries. Through the use of Wexxar Bel’s mandrel and compression configurations, the TF200 forms a wide range of tray styles and sizes, including complex designs with telescoping lids, triangulated corners or retail ready display features.
Joining the TF200 at PACK EXPO is the compact BEL 270 Fully Automatic Hot Melt Case Sealer. The BEL 270 is the most compact hot melt case sealer available, with an open frame and patented Snap Folder technology which safely folds case flaps while eliminating excessive guarding to allow for better access to the machine during operation and troubleshooting. Further, the Uni-Drive System powers both side belts with a single motor to keep belts in sync, consistently providing a square seal even after prolonged use.
One of the main features of this integrated system is the extremely fast and easy changeover with color-coded instructions on the sides of both machines. Furthermore, the TF200 has been equipped with a detached secondary 7” HMI for easy access to machine controls from anywhere on the machine.
“When people changeover from one set up to another, they want to accomplish that with no tools. Changeover that’s easy and not cumbersome for employees of all skill levels to perform is something that Wexxar Bel does extremely well,” said Mike “Parky” Parkinson, IPAK Product Manager.
PACK EXPO attendees will see how both machines work together to form and seal corrugate blanks into trays. The TF200 will pull a piece of flat corrugate into the machine, form it and then drop it onto a power-incline conveyor. Once the newly formed corrugate tray is packed, the operator will send it to the BEL 270 for sealing. Features and benefits of the TF200 and BEL 270 integration at PACK EXPO include:
- Second HMI to control tray forming from the opposite side to adapt to different and changing plant layouts
- Maintenance-free lubrication improves uptime for greater throughput
- Advanced gluing system option
- Reduces adhesive consumption by up to 30 percent
- Reduces the effects of adhesive and fluid degradation such as charring/discoloration and odor
- Clog-free operation minimizes downtime, maintenance, replacement and inventory costs
- Two-stage outfeed conveyor for tray discharge at a suitable height for ergonomic packing
- Toolless, color-coded size changeover in minutes with user-friendly, on-machine pictorial guides
- Corrosion-resistant and paint free frame construction
To see how the TF200 and BEL 270 integration can improve your packaging line’s automation and output, visit Wexxar Bel in booth C-2824 at PACK EXPO 2019. For more information on the TF200 and BEL 270, visit www.wexxar.com; Wexxar Bel is a ProMach brand.