The AL Pallet Co., Ltd., is ISO 14001 and 9001 certified and is a leader in manufacturing and selling aluminum pallets in the Korean market. AL Pallet sells directly to several large Korean companies and international companies with Korea based operations, including Cingular/AT&T, LGE and Nokia. Patents were granted in Korea & filed in 2007 in U.S., Europe, China, Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, Norway & India.
AL PALLET is an aluminum pallet. With a low weight, but a capacity comparable to similar wood pallets and a low price point.
AL Pallet is especially suitable for the one-way air logistics market and in “closed-loop” systems. The patented design is based on its unique structurally qualities that combine a “prominence and depression” deck form with an “inner cap system” for the posts. These elements contribute to the pallets’ light weight and high strength that in turn reduce shipping costs, damage to cargo, and allows repeated use if desired.
The IC2 Institute of The University of Texas –Global Commercialization Group has worked with selected scientists and engineers to vet technologies worth commercializing on a global scale. The University of Texas’ faculty, staff and selected experts examined numerous technologies as part of this program with Governor Kim in Korea.
Amongst many “high-tech” entries around the world was the AL Pallet that turned out to be an unexpected winner. AL Pallet Company’s structural experts designed a patented, very lightweight pallet with high structural integrity.
The aluminum pallet offers the following advantages; it is fireproof, does not require heat treatment or fumigation to comply with international shipping standards, lighter weight, cleaner and safer to handle.
The technology addresses several properties of improving technology:
- High strength to weight ratio.
- Much lower cost than existing aluminum pallets.
- Conforms to U.S., E.U. and international shipping standards.
- End of life units have market scrap value.
- Technology can be used to produce pallets of practically any size and specification.
Air logistics pallet
– 1/3rd the weight: 5kg vs. 20kg
– Almost 1/4th the weight: 8kgs vs. 30kgs (plastic is 35kgs);
– No requirement to provide shippers proof pallet was fumigated or treated
– Korea Environment and Merchandise Test Institute demonstrating these pallets are strong & light.
A summary video is available at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I5wxv8ETzg.