- Mr. Norm Kukuk, ORBIS Corporation, Assumes Role as Chairman of the RPA Board of Directors
- Mr. Rick Sasse, TriEnda Holdings, Ascends to Vice Chairman Role
- Appointments of Committee Chairs Strengthen Organization
The Reusable Packaging Association (RPA) begins 2017 with a new team to lead the association. Mr. Norm Kukuk, Executive Vice President of Marketing for ORBIS Corporation, takes the helm as Chairman of the Board of Directors after serving as the association’s vice chairman in 2016. Ms. Hillary Femal, Vice President of Global Marketing for IFCO Systems, completes her 2015-2016 term as chairperson and will now serve on the RPA Executive Committee as Immediate Past Chair.
“Thanks to Hillary Femal’s leadership, RPA is well positioned to impact the business of reusable packaging, support the growth of the industry, and provide valued programs and services to participating members,” said Norm Kukuk. “It’s an honor to receive the gavel from Hillary and to continue on this exciting course for the association and the reusable packaging industry.”
With nearly 20 years in the reusable packaging industry, Kukuk has developed and shared reusable packaging expertise with leading industrial, consumer goods, food, and beverage companies. With a focus on helping world-class companies understand the value of reusable packaging, he has first-hand experience with planning and implementing reusable packaging programs that yield financial, operational and environmental benefits. With this background, he brings to the association a great deal of industry experience that brings value to member companies and end-users alike. Additionally, his international experience offers broader insight to the RPA.
ORBIS Corporation has been an active corporate member of the RPA since its inception in 1999. During Kukuk’s time in the RPA, he has been involved in many facets of the association, including finance and, most recently, vice chairman of the RPA board of directors.
At ORBIS, Kukuk currently provides executive leadership for ORBIS’ marketing and product development efforts, including the planning, development, and implementation of strategic business plans and goals. As RPA chairman, he will collaborate with the RPA board of directors and Tim Debus, RPA president and CEO, to execute the overall vision of growing membership, expanding end-user engagement and elevating the use of reusables.
“I am honored to be the next chairman of the board and to continue working alongside so many dedicated industry professionals who are driven to grow the reusable packaging industry,” Kukuk said. “I look forward to helping the association in raising awareness of reusables and the supply chain technologies that enhance them.”
Joining the RPA Executive Committee is Mr. Rick Sasse, Director of Custom Transport Packaging for TriEnda Holdings LLC, who will serve as Vice Chairman of the association. Returning in the role of Secretary-Treasurer is Mr. Jack Fillmore, Director of Engineering and New Product Development for Buckhorn.
RPA recently completed its election of directors for the two-year term 2017-2018. Nominated by membership, the newly-elected directors are:
- Mr. Stuart Lindemann, Director Sales and Marketing, CABKA North America
- Mr. Drew Merrill, General Manager and Vice President, CHEP Pallecon Solutions
- Mr. John McCurdy, Marketing Director, Coroplast LLC
- Mr. Michael Chiado, President of the Americas, Georg Utz, Inc
- Mr. Ben Stoller, Executive Managing Director, Paxxal Inc
- Mr. David McCulloch, CEO Packaging Systems Division, Schaefer Systems International, Inc
- Mr. Bob Albright, Vice President Sales and Marketing, Schoeller Allibert, USA
Directors on the Board who are serving the second of their two-year 2016 – 2017 term are:
- Ms. Beth Cline, Senior Analyst, Reverse Logistics, Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Mr. John McGill, Director, Business Development, CHEP
- Ms. Cindy Doman, Senior Packaging Engineer, Herman Miller
- Mr. Dan Lafond, National Sales Director, Rehrig Pacific Company
- Mr. David Kalan, Vice President, Marketing and Business Development, RM2
- Mr. David Rodgers, Vice President, Sales and Business Development, Tosca Ltd.
In addition to the Board roles, two committee chair appointments were made to provide leadership in support of key areas of focus for the association: operations and logistics, and the food and beverage market. Mr. Michael Wasson, Vice President of Supply Chain and Operations for Tosca, was named chair of the RPA Operations and Logistics Committee, whose charter is to facilitate knowledge and the development of industry standards for common processes seeking the efficient movement, handling, visibility and return of reusable packaging products. Mr. Paul Pederson, Director of Food Safety and Regulatory Compliance for IFCO Systems, was appointed chair of the RPA Food and Beverage Committee. The Food and Beverage Committee positions and validates reusable transport packaging as the preferred system for delivering safe and high-quality foods through the most sustainable, protective, and efficient means.
RPA is a non-profit trade organization representing and promoting the common business interests of member suppliers and users of reusable packaging products and services. RPA promotes the use and value of reusable transport packaging systems, which offer product quality, economic and environmental benefits to supply chains. For more information, visit the RPA website at reusables.org.