Packaging is considered to be an important aspect of marketing and branding. The box of your product is what interacts firsthand with your client, which is why you would need to manufacture packaging that can communicate with your potential customers.
In this guide, we will get to know what packaging is and how it affects your product’s marketing campaign.
What is Packaging?
If you are running your own business, then you must be aware of a marketing philosopher known as the Father Of Marketing “Philip Kotler”; according to him, there are four main p’s of marketing from which, one of them being product packaging.
He mentions packaging as a tool that helps your brand to communicate with your potential customers and helps them to remember you.
So, if you are thinking of standing out in the market, applying a little customization to your packaging would surely help your products stand out on the aisle of a mart, among other products.
What Makes Customization So Important for Packaging?
Consider yourself a retailer of cosmetic products on Amazon or eBay. Now there might be other vendors/retailers that would be dealing in the same product category. So, how are you going to make yourself distinctive from them?
The answer is quite simple. It is “customized packaging.”
By investing in packaging, you would be doing your business a favor, as customized boxes would help your brand captivate the target audience.
Let’s learn a bit more about how packaging benefits businesses in marketing and branding.
How Packaging Benefits Businesses in Marketing & Branding
When it comes to customized packaging, they have many benefits to offer for your business, and some of them are as follows:
- Brand Recognization
Customization of your packaging allows you to add essential brand components, such as logo and brand name. You can ask your custom box manufacturer to add these essential components to your box’s artwork.
By doing this, you will be making a statement in which you will be able to get the trust of your potential customers.
- Allows to Communicate
Another great feature that your product packaging will provide you would be to communicate.
It’s obvious that you can’t place your agents everywhere to interact with your clients, which is why you can use your custom printed boxes to do the job for you!
Plus, you can print a thank-you note inside your box, which can create a lasting impression and can help you to appreciate your customers a bit more.
- Sustainable & Functional
Nowadays, everyone is opting for packaging solutions that are not only durable but eco-friendly as well as many campaigns are providing awareness to buyers to buy products that come with green packaging.
Moreover, you have to be sure that your packaging is functional while being sustainable at the same time; this way, you will be able to provide them with an exceptional experience.
- Provides Ultimate Unboxing Experience
If you are into shipping products globally, then using mailer boxes and shipping boxes is the perfect option for you. By using them, you can provide an unforgettable unboxing experience to your clients.
Plus, you can add some freebies in these boxes, so they can remember you by, and by doing so, you will surely be able to get the ability to promote your brand by the technique known as word of mouth in marketing.
Tips for Creating the Perfect Box Design for Your Business
To create a perfect box design, you might have to consider some factors, and some of them are given below
- Always keep the size of your product in your mind prior to creating artwork for the packaging of your product. If you don’t know what to measure or how to measure a perfect box, then here’s how you can do it.
- Measure the Length, Width, & Height/Depth of your product.
- After measuring these three measurements (LXWXD), you have to add 2mm or 0.078 inches to your measurements. By doing so, you will have the size of the box you want for your product.
- To ensure that your product packaging stands out and is remembered by your customers, ensure it is eye-catching.
- Consider your packaging as an extension of your brand. It needs to evoke an emotional response from your audiences
- Packages should be durable in order to ensure the product inside is protected and secured
- Lastly, you should be able to open it easily. The customer may see this as a simple issue, but it is often a source of frustration for them.
Packaging plays an important role in marketing and branding. If you know how to use your packaging properly, then it will be easy for you to appeal to your customers to the fullest.