GUADALAJARA, Mexico – September 2023 – The Mexican Chapter of the National Wooden Pallet and Container Association (NWPCA) concluded its Second Annual Mexican Wooden Packaging Conference and Expo from September 5-6 in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico. The event was a great success, combining networking, exhibits, and a distinguished speaker program.
This year’s conference drew another sell-out crowd. Attendees spanned 13 different countries, a 73% increase from its inaugural event in 2022.
“We are thrilled to repeat such overwhelming success and build off last year’s conference,” said Ing. Fernando César López Bello, Losifra, S.A. de C.V. and president of NWPCA’s Mexican chapter. “The sell-out nature of the event underscores the significance of the wood packaging industry in Mexico and an enthusiastic drive to remain updated and connected.”
Distinguished speakers presented insights on relevant industry matters:
- Néstor Eduardo García Romero, MBA, director of Planning & Projects, Secretary of Economic Development, State of Jalisco, presented “Nearshoring & Strategic Planning.”
- Omar Taboada, MBA, investment analysis director, Citibanamex Brokerage House, addressed a “Global Macroeconomic Perspective & Overview of the Mexican Market.”
- Alejandra Sánchez Ayala, MBA, sustainability officer, C&A Mexico, discussed “Sustainability in the Industry: Why is it Important to Talk About This?”
- Dr. Brad Gething, vice president of science & technology, NWPCA, delved into “Unlocking Business Value with PDS: Present & Future Features.”
- A special panel on “Wood Pallets: What the NWPCA is doing on the Global Stage to Advance Industry” featured Hilary Carr, Ph.D., senior director of Mexico and Latin America, NWPCA; Dr. Brad Gething; and Jason Ortega, JD/MBA, vice president of public affairs.
The conference fostered discussions among industry professionals, allowing a dynamic exchange of ideas, insights, and best practices.
“I commend the Mexican chapter’s dedication, leadership, and vision that made this year’s conference a benchmark event,” said Brent McClendon, president and CEO, NWPCA. “We believe in fostering regional expertise and celebrating the unique identity of the chapter while being part of our global community.”
Next year’s Mexican Wooden Packaging Conference and Expo will be held in Queretaro, Mexico, in September 2024 (exact dates to be determined). For more information about future events, visit www.palletcentral.com/events.
The National Wooden Pallet & Container Association (NWPCA) is the world’s largest organization of wood packaging professionals. NWPCA has over 750 companies that manufacture, repair, and distribute pallets and wood packaging in unit-load solutions or supply products and services to the industry. For more information, visit www.palletcentral.com.
About the Mexican Chapter of NWPCA
The Capítulo Mexicana was created in March 2022 by NWPCA members in Mexico. The goal is to promote using wooden pallets and packaging as a sustainable and high-value supply chain resource in the Mexican market. For more information, visit www.palletcentral.com/tarimas-de-madera.