The European Federation of Wooden Pallet & Packaging Manufacturers (FEFPEB) presented its work on packaging waste and other key issues to global colleagues at the Interpal conference, which was held in Montreal in October.
The event, which is held once every four years, sees members of the international wooden pallet and packaging business discuss developments concerning the industry. It was co-hosted this year by the National Wooden Pallet & Container Association (NWPCA) and the Canadian Wood Pallet and Container Association (CWPCA).
FEFPEB presented its recent work, including its key involvement in developing new Packaging and Packaging Waste (PPWR) regulations and its central role in the future circular economy in Europe. The organisation took part in discussions about other current topics, including sustainability in the supply chain, increasing reuse, and trends in global wood markets, and attended the important Global Forum meeting of delegates representing the sector in regions of the world, including North America, Asia, and Europe.
Secretary General Fons Ceelaert presented FEFPEB’s awareness campaign, Packaging from Nature, which was launched in Europe in 2011 to promote the benefits of using wood for packaging and pallets. The campaign is evolving, with the launch of a new logo and a revamp of the information on its websites.
FEFPEB President Rob van Hoesel, who also attended the Interpal conference, said: “FEFPEB was proud to represent our European membership at Interpal. As one of the world’s most naturally sustainable businesses, the global wooden pallet and packaging sector has an increasingly important role to play in the development of circular supply chains, and in Montreal, we were able to share FEFPEB’s industry-leading work with our international colleagues.
“The occasion also allowed us to learn from others and work together to progress our shared agenda for an even more innovative, sustainable, and profitable pallet and packaging business for the future.
- The European Federation of Wooden Pallet & Packaging Manufacturers (Fédération Européenee des Fabricants de Palettes and Emballages en Bois – FEFPEB) represents European national timber packaging associations, including the pallet, lightweight packaging and industrial packaging sectors. It was established in 1946.
- It is a not for profit organisation, whose objectives include the promotion of timber packaging and representing the interests of the European wooden pallet and packaging industry.
- National professional associations of wooden pallet and packaging manufacturers are full members of FEFPEB.
- Other companies involved in the industry, including suppliers of timber and timber blocks, machines and equipment, are associated or individual members.
- The major European pallet pools (including EPAL, CHEP, LPR, IPP Logipal and PRS) are also part of FEFPEB.