Since first being published a decade ago, Cartons, Crates and Corrugated Board has become the standard reference book for paper and wood packaging technology. The new edition, written by published by Diana Twede, Susan E. M. Selke, Donatien-Pascal Kamdem and David Shires and published by DEStech Publications, has been extensively revised and updated by the original authors as well as two more authors.
Cartons, Crates and Corrugated Board is endorsed by TAPPI and other professional societies, in addition to being used around the world as a used as a textbook. Now extensively revised and updated by a team formed by the original authors and two additional authors, it preserves the critical performance and design data of the previous edition, while offering new information on the technologies, tests and regulations impacting the paper and corrugated industries around the world. There is a special emphasis on Europe and Japan.
New information has been added on tests and novel designs for folded cartons, as well as expanded discussions of paperboard selection for specific applications, emerging barrier packaging, food contact and migration, and the dynamics and opportunities of corrugated in distribution systems. Recent developments on recycling and sustainability are also highlighted.
Priced at $184.50, it can be purchased at the online DEStech Bookstore at a $25.00 discount.
Some of the highlights of the book include:
* New expanded second edition with key technical, regulatory and marketing developments from the past 10 years in the packaging industry
* Covers the materials, processes, and design of virtually all paper and fiberboard packaging for end-products, displays, storage and distribution
* New information on European and global standards, selection criteria for paperboard, as well as emerging sustainability initiatives
* Explains recent tests, measurements and costs with ready-to-use calculations
– From Trees to Lumber
– Structure and Properties of Wood
– Wooden Containers
– Wooden Pallets
– Making Pulp
– Fabrication of Paper and Paperboard
– Paper, Paperboard, and Corrugated Board Properties and Tests
– Paperboard: Folding Cartons, Set-up Boxes, and Beverage Carriers
* Cartons, Crates, and Corrugated Board: Handbook of Paper and Wood Packaging Technology
* ISBN: 978-1-60595-135-5, January 2015, 584 pages, 6×9, hardcover.