There are many critical reasons why you should offer same-day delivery.
Here are five you need to know about, followed by helpful information on how to make same-day delivery a practicality for your business.
1. You Can Create a Higher Level of Customer Satisfaction
If you want your business to be successful, it is imperative that your customers are satisfied.
Today’s customers want faster services. They want to be able to buy something online and have it delivered within hours.
So, if you do not provide a same-day delivery service, you will have fewer satisfied customers.
Indeed, you could easily lose out on business if you do not offer same-day delivery because customers could look elsewhere for companies that do deliver items on the same day.
2. You Can Build Lasting Relationships with Customers
When you have more satisfied customers, you can build long-term relationships with them. Also, satisfied customers are sure to refer you to their friends and family.
By offering a same-day delivery service, you show your customers that your company is trustworthy, reliable, and professional. In turn, that can create lasting relationships with your customers.
3. You Can Reduce Cart Abandonment and Make More Sales
By offering same-day delivery, you can lower cart abandonment rates.
For instance, if a customer places an order and only finds out at the last minute of the checking out process that you do not provide same-day delivery, the customer could abandon the order and go with a competitor instead.
So, by not offering a same-day delivery service, you could potentially lose out on a lot of sales.
4. Your Business Can Stay Competitive
As mentioned above, if a customer finds out you do not offer same-day delivery, he or she will go to a competitor instead.
Well, the reverse is also true. By providing a same-day delivery service, customers that abandon companies that do not offer same-day delivery can turn to your company in their hour of need.
Therefore, offering same-day delivery enables your company to stay competitive.
Indeed, by offering same-day delivery, your company not only remains competitive with other online businesses. It can also provide delivery services that brick-and-mortar stores cannot compete with, thus enabling you to tap into a broader customer base.
5. You Can Lower Your Inventory Costs
Another benefit of offering same-day delivery is that you will not need to store as much inventory.
When inventory is leaving your warehouse faster, you will not need as much space to store items for longer periods. In turn, that means you can lower your inventory costs.
You may also be interested in learning how a warehouse management system can benefit your order fulfillment process.
How to Make Same-day Delivery a Practicality for Your Business
The easiest way to make same-day delivery a practicality for your business is to partner with a same day courier service.
But you can ensure things run smoothly by:
- Making sure you have alerts set up so that you are notified when a new order has been placed and the item is ready to be delivered.
- Batching orders together so that you can consolidate and send packages at the same time for multiple customers.
- Having members of staff who are sufficiently trained to handle warehouse operations to create smooth and seamless operations.
- Establishing cut-off times for same-day deliveries to ensure customer satisfaction and smooth operations, as you would not be able to deliver items on the same day after a certain time.
- Limiting the distance that you deliver on the same day to ensure same-day delivery means same-day delivery and you do not end up with dissatisfied customers who have to wait until the next day to get orders they expected earlier.