Mallard Manufacturing Corporation, a leading manufacturer of gravity flow solutions, is announcing their expanded line of pallet separators. Pallet separators are a critical safety component in many pallet flow rack systems. The job of the pallet separator is to hold rear pallets back from the front “pick-face” pallet, relieving pallet forces (or back pressure) so that the front pallet can be easily extracted. Once the front pallet is removed, the pallet separator is released allowing a controlled forward advance of the rear pallets.
Pallet back pressure is approximately 6% of the combined weight of the rear pallets and is calculated by multiplying .06 x (maximum pallet load weight) x # of pallets.
3-deep system, 2,500 lb. load. Back pressure = .06 x 2,500 lbs. x 2 pallets = 300 lbs.
20-deep system, 2,500 lb. load. Back pressure = .06 x 2,500 lbs. x 19 pallets = 2,850 lbs.
“Distributors and manufacturers rely on Mallard pallet flow rack solutions for space-saving, efficient order fulfillment” says Kevin Risch, President of Mallard Manufacturing. “Our extensive line of custom pallet separators was developed to help customers improve order picking productivity for a variety of applications while ensuring worker safety and productivity.”
Pallet separators differ in terms type of release mechanism (i.e. foot-release, automatic, pneumatic) and are specified for the pallet flow lane depending on pallet weight and pitch.
Mallard Pallet Separator Product Options:
• Case-Pick Separator (CP-100 Series) — Holds rear pallets back 4”-6” from the pick face. Foot-operated release
• Flex Separator (FS-200 Series) — Added safety for deeper lane, floor level, case-pick operations
• Forklift Separator (FL-300 Series) — Automatic pallet release engages when forklift removes front pallet
• Layer Pick Separator (LP-400 Series) — Separates front pallet until all cases are selected and empty pallet removed
• Ergo Cell Pneumatic Separator (PS-500 Series) — Isolate last pallet for boost to lift table or mobile cart via pneumatic controls
• Dual Pallet Separator (DP-600 Series) — Two separators strategically placed in deep-lane system for added safety
• Empty Pallet Return (EPR-700 Series) — Effective, ergonomic way to manage empty pallets and increase productivity
Mallard Manufacturing has a new 6-page product brochure and dedicated product web pages available for additional information. Both include detailed product descriptions, specifications, photos and 3D illustrations for each of the 7 pallet separator products. Video links are available on the website so that customers can view the pallet separators in action.